Sign in to follow this  
EuroBoy

Bit of info

Thought i should prob fill everyone in on whats been going on in my little world of BMW's.

Well, leaks we never fixed put water all over my ECU. This caused the fuel pump to stay open and continue pumping, even if the car was off. Almost hydroliced another engine. luckily, the teeth on the flex plate and starter motor bent instead.

Took it to S.D who charged me an arm and a leg to get it running again, however they didn't change the starter motor or flex plate, but it ran ok-ish.

Over time the teeth wore down more and more on the flex plate and starter motor and it wouldn't start anymore. Ended up towing it over to my uncles workshop in tauranga(sp) and dropping the gearbox, putting in a new plate, and new starter motor. After A) having the wrong size starter motor after being told it was fine and B ), putting the flex plate on backwards, we eventually got it right, and now the car starts fine. Most times.

Sometimes it wont turn the starter motor for some reason, we cant figure out why. However, the leaks have been fixed, and after stripping my car to find the leaks, and then leaving it stripped for about 4 months, its finally back together.

i think that fills everyone it

Edited by EuroBoy

sounds like a failing solenoid if it wont turn over for strange reasons.

Unbolt your cables, sand the connections with emery tape/fine sandpaper, bolt it back up and see if it fixes the problems. Bad earth/connections cause strange things like that too.

sounds like a failing solenoid if it wont turn over for strange reasons.

Unbolt your cables, sand the connections with emery tape/fine sandpaper, bolt it back up and see if it fixes the problems. Bad earth/connections cause strange things like that too.

Alright, cheers for that, will do.