Sign in to follow this  
martyyyn

WTB: E39 parts

I'm after the following to tidy up an e39 msport.

• Facelift sports steering wheel, with controls, all in black so no wood and without the little gap in the bottom piece. I currently have the pre-facelift triangular sports wheel but given a build date of 11/2000 it should be dual stage and an easy swap I believe. Happy to trade mine if it keeps the cost down.
  • Exterior temp sensor (it currently reads -40 all the time).
  • Drivers window switch (the drivers window doesn't go up with one-touch and the driver's mirror doesn't adjust from side-to-side so I'm assuming its a faulty switch - it doesn't have fold in mirrors).
  • Drivers front foglight, the glass on this one is cracked quite badly. Round type for msport bumper.
  • Plastic 'puller' which opens the bonnet from the cabin. This one is has broken off completely.

The headlights are very very cloudy so will be on the look out for a set of replacements. Xenon's preferably but I understand that may not be easy with these being halogen. I've done an aftermarket Xenon swap before, perhaps I do that again.

Also at some stage I will be looking for a set of 18's to replace the 17's. Preferably a set of staggered m-pars, but would consider something else. Must be genuine, M5 wheels perhaps, needs to be something classic.