Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

WTB shocks for my E30 shortened?

hey have compressed springs and have heard replacing the shocks will harden the ride up a lot??

i do not know much bout suspension at all, but im on a budget here, my car isnt hugley fast but i need it to stay as low as its is (100mm) for cert reasons, but also i think my rear ones are stuffed as my rear bottoms out and i get inner gaurd rub... do i need new springs as well??? thanks!

Edited by nz320i

hey have compressed springs and have heard replacing the shocks will harden the ride up a lot??

i do not know much bout suspension at all, but im on a budget here, my car isnt hugley fast but i need it to stay as low as its is (100mm) for cert reasons, but also i think my rear ones are stuffed as my rear bottoms out and i get inner gaurd rub... do i need new springs as well??? thanks!

Compressed springs = crap!!!

No, shortened shocks won't stiffen it up.

New shocks will control the springs better.

Rear guard rub is because you are too low & soft = springs (and shocks if they are fooked).

[insert standard response]

If you go with something like Koni's or Bilstein's and some Jamex's or King's it will ride very well and be low, not ass scraping pimpin' low.

Anything less is a compromise, Anything more is custom ($$$ if you want it to work well).

[/insert standard response]

damn it glenn pwned you with the stock standard.

phoned.

skooled yo lol

oh ok, well what if i replace the springs with some custom made ones, same size as my compressed ones, just a harder rate? my friend got some made at chaimberlains here in chch, for about 400 the whole lot? then when i have the $$ get some shocks to go with them? cheer

Guest Andrew

skooled yo lol

oh ok, well what if i replace the springs with some custom made ones, same size as my compressed ones, just a harder rate? my friend got some made at chaimberlains here in chch, for about 400 the whole lot? then when i have the $$ get some shocks to go with them? cheer

330 inc g.s.t for jamex superlows

oh cheers! no one knows who the dealer is? i dont reeealy like mag and turbo a whole lot..