Sign in to follow this  
WarlockNZ

need 323i info

Hey Guy's and Girl's

First off I'd just like to say that I've owned my car for about 4 months and I wil NEVER buy another car unless it's a BMW.

Dear god I love my car :)

I've been doing a lot of reading after the fact and come across a lot of interesting stuff about the on board computer and jacking into it via a pc and stuff ..

What I need is somebody to actually tell me what all this stuff means, I'm looking at software and cables and all sorts of sh*t, but i have no idea if it's what I need or will even work.

Help out the new guy, I may not know much about BMW's, but I know the feeling when I get behind the wheel, I just want to really understand the whole thing.

I'm looking forward to getting involved in the local BMW community.

Cheers

Dear god I love my car  :)

Haha wait 'til it breaks.

my bad, deleted wrong stuff.

wait for the E36 guys to chip in with more info though.

Edited by petone

can't be any worse than the Nissan i used to own :)

That thing cost me an arm and a leg .. LOL .. glad to be rid of it ..

Thanks for the reply tho :)

All i'm looking at doing in the near future is a car computer (just looking at a touch screen that ties into the sounds etc and maybe the non critical parts of the engine) and maybe some external mods .. don't know tho .. i like it the way it looks . forget the Altezza rear lights tho .. and the M badges .. it's not an M series and no anount of badge will make it one.

I'll look into the different specs on the engine tho.. that sounds cool.

cheers

Use an m50 intake manifold from a pre face lift 325 on a 328.Much larger intake runners.May be too big for the 323 tho???

Is your car obd1 or 2?If its obd 2, dont touch anything unless your really sure you know what your doing!!