Sign in to follow this  
gjm

WTB: 1x 205/55-16 tyre

What looks to have been a (rare?) manufacturing defect in a Michelin tyre was the cause of the problem experienced where I found an appallingly unsafe tyre on our car - an inspection shows that while the tyre did lose pressure, it did so after the construction had broken down and the tyre deformed.

This wasn't a newly fitted tyre and it is entirely possible that the issues happened as a result of bad storage, bad fitting, or something else. Whatever, we drove ~10000km on it before finding the issue, so expecting any sort of refund would imo be unreasonable.

However, it means I need a new tyre. Anyone got something suitable, preferably another Michelin with 6mm+ tread?

tour some tyre shops,maybe somone changed wheels tyres before worn out

what about the pair of 225 50s below?

Edited by kiwi535

tour some tyre shops,maybe somone changed wheels tyres before worn out

what about the pair of 225 50s below?

I'd always thought a 225 to be too wide for a 7" rim (which is what I need a tyre for) but my trusty "what size rim should I use" calculator reckons it'd be nigh-on perfect.

That said - Triangles... Hmm. Not sure about them.

No matter as it looks like they're sold now.

I can get a new Pirelli P6 for $100, but a better match would be a near-new Michelin MX4. The asking on that is $150 or so though, so I'll make an offer.