Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

Introduction for New Member - Proud BMW 330i Owner

Hi all,

New member to the site checking in.

After selling my toy Subaru (Version 6 STi) a few months ago, I decided to follow the European path and bought a 2003 BMW 330i.

Loving the car so far, very different to the Suby, but much more refined and a lot nicer to drive.

Been referred here by my mate Keltik.

Cheers

BMW%20330i_zpse7sfpmls.jpg

Welcome and that e46 looking good on those wheels !

• Like 1

Welcome.

I helped a mate into buying a NZ New 2003 facelifted 330i, much like yours and as a daily driver, geez that car was good, it even sounded good through it's std exhaust.

Welcome! Do you miss the AWD and power of the Subie? Been trying to convince a friend who drives one (and not even an STI) to get into BMWs but he can't get away from the AWD.

Welcome.

I helped a mate into buying a NZ New 2003 facelifted 330i, much like yours and as a daily driver, geez that car was good, it even sounded good through it's std exhaust.

The standard exhaust sounds great! Not too loud, but you can hear the straight 6 sound when you give it some throttle.

Welcome! Do you miss the AWD and power of the Subie? Been trying to convince a friend who drives one (and not even an STI) to get into BMWs but he can't get away from the AWD.

I miss the stability of the AWD on the Suby, i.e you could hit most corners pretty quick and the car would still feel like it was on rails.

Haven't pushed the 330i anywhere near as hard in terms of handling as I'm yet to find its limits

I miss the boost and the fun of having a turbo from the WRX, it is by and large the best 'toy' I have ever owned. But in terms of daily driving it to work and back, I got over the loud noise and the fact that every 17 year old in a flat peak would try to 'race' me in their Honda Civic...

Much happier with the refinement and general smoothness of the BMW :D

Thanks for sharing. The 330 likely won't be as confidence inspiring in the corners, but it's great that you're appreciating its other characteristics. Enjoy!