Sign in to follow this  
Beemr Girl

Window Tints - Christchurch

Hiya - hey I'm wondering how successful window tints are for E36 coupes. I've got a 94 and nobody here in Christchurch will touch it - apparantly too difficult? Has anybody in the Sth had their windows tinted, and is it really that much of a mission???

You could try DCH Motorsport, see if they will do it for you?

Not really their sort of thing but they give most things a go, including my pain in the butt E36 :(

Welcome to the site

There's plenty of E36's with tinted windows so it shouldn't be a difficult job one would imagine

Welcome to the site

There's plenty of E36's with tinted windows so it shouldn't be a difficult job one would imagine

Only thing I can think of is the auto lowering and rising of the window as you open and close the door, would be a problem, but thats a fuse isnt it?

I never had a prob with it. It just needs a bit of time to cure/dry, so opening and closing the doors should be kept to a minimum.

I dont see why a tinting pro wouldnt do it..

Hi, I wouldn't have thought so either, but they're all a bit afraid of the side panels and doing any damage to the clips that keep the panels in, and then of course the back window has to come out to tint it? have you guys done it yourselves, or had it done professionally?

Did mine myself, I took all the side windows out to do them but left the back in. Side windows were all good, (still are) but the back is shitty and needs to be done by a pro.

For what you will pay for the tint itself just get a pro to do it, its really not worth the time mucking round with it.

Mine done without any trouble. For the windows auto dropping when you open the dooor, just pull the fuse AFTER you close all door. Avoid car parks for a few days because it look like a retard to open the door to get the entry ticket.

To remove rear windows, remove B and C piller, unbolt seatbelt and 4 more bolts behind it and remember NOT to drop the bolt. Then 2 more bolt on C piller, done.