Sign in to follow this  
Guest MP0wer

WTB Suspension & Set of nice Wheels

Guest MP0wer

Looking to buy some Suspension stuff for a E34 525i with the M50 motor. Was Originally going to buy new Shocks and Springs but may do with a set of lowering springs on my factory shocks for to lower it and improve the handling in the process.

Also wanting to buy some wheels, was thinking about 17" Style 5's or Mparnell's 17", Not looking to spend a lot though. Happy to trade my 15" Style 5's + $$$ your way. - No longer need wheels.

Edited by MP0wer

Sorry i do not have anything for sale, however i am interested in what you said about lowering your car on factory shocks to improve handling..

I was considering doing this in my E30 but was under the impression that it would worsen handling and make the car bouncy?

I am not putting you on blast for saying that or anything, just wondering if it is true as i would like to go down that route too!

Guest MP0wer

Sorry i do not have anything for sale, however i am interested in what you said about lowering your car on factory shocks to improve handling..

I was considering doing this in my E30 but was under the impression that it would worsen handling and make the car bouncy?

I am not putting you on blast for saying that or anything, just wondering if it is true as i would like to go down that route too!

I dont know to be honest, they say you shouldn't lower it on factory shocks unless its the sports or m shocks. but there are 2 camps, some say do, others say dont. I might just get some springs to lower it or may get some shocks and springs, cant find anything on trademe for a e34 really.

Looking to buy some Suspension stuff for a E34 525i with the M50 motor. Was Originally going to buy new Shocks and Springs but may do with a set of lowering springs on my factory shocks for to lower it and improve the handling in the process.

Also wanting to buy some wheels, was thinking about 17" Style 5's or Mparnell's 17", Not looking to spend a lot though. Happy to trade my 15" Style 5's + $$$ your way.

Depending on how well you are on tools, and whether its weather dependent I think it would be easier to do everything altogether. Does anything NEED to be replaced, and how long do you think you could manage looking at it at std height? I only ask because, I think ideally, doing shockmounts, shocks/inserts and springs should be done together. Unless of course you don't mind disassembling/re-assembling stuff all the time. Doing the aftermarket lowered springs/std shock combo may not improve the handling, more chances of worsening it as they are not ideally matched. Most spring/shock combos are 'made for each other' and of the other desirable combos, you will find opinions all over the net, i.e koni inserts/vogtland springs. I bought nearly all of mine from the states, it was cheaper.

The wheels you seek, everyone wants, and they are anything but cheap. M-Parallel's are 18" afaik? They are also quite heavy, so you may not get any noticeable difference in performance from your 525i. I have had 15", 16", 17" and 18" on mine including the M-pars and they might steer more cleanly but worse for ride and marginally on brakes. No one will down trade in their right mind, not that there are lots around. Have a look on Ebay and see what they are worth.

I went HD Bilsteins on mine all round, have a look at the numerous sites for their opinions. There are lots of options...just sweet fa here available in NZ.

Most factory shocks on these heavy beasties are screwed by the time we buy them anyway and need replacement.

you have a very long shopping list, ya still looking to buy the parts we have been discussing too?

• Like 2

interested in Style 66's?

Guest MP0wer

Yes Andy, Still looking to buy some parts, revised my shopping list.

Tanks for the input Lionel, No longer need wheels, Looking for suspension only, wanted to drop the car a bit and if it improves handling then thats a given. didn't manage to find anything around trademe for the e34, seems waiting for second hand parts is the way to go unless I order them from the US (Where did you order yours?) or simply have my existing springs compressed?

Search "hotcarparts" on ebay.de for Vogtlands . Koni adjustables from Mueller Motorwerks. M60b40 and 5-speed from Brent..

Yes Andy, Still looking to buy some parts, revised my shopping list.

Tanks for the input Lionel, No longer need wheels, Looking for suspension only, wanted to drop the car a bit and if it improves handling then thats a given. didn't manage to find anything around trademe for the e34, seems waiting for second hand parts is the way to go unless I order them from the US (Where did you order yours?) or simply have my existing springs compressed?

Cheapest springs are from Jamex, good drop will do. Next would be Kings from George Stocks, Vogts etc keep chatting nicely with the Guys from George Stocks, forgot his name but an ex bmw dude works there and if I remember correctly used to bring them in? Forgotten now, but he is there and can access other brands, then there is XYZ Coilovers out of Tga, but to just drop it I would go Jamex- North Shore then if you want to change or play with it later you will still have the original springs.

NZD-USD conversion is not good right now fyi.

I use Turner, Pelican and ECS for most of my stuff oh and AKG motorsport.

Shocks, talk to GeorgeStocks he is a Koni/Kyb man, but Koni's are the go I heard. Not cheap, but very good shocks.

Once you have done your maintenance, check everything, once you drop your shocks, you will see what else you need, Shock mounts if shot need to be replaced whilst you are at it, but have someone who knows what they are doing under your car with an appropriate lever/bar checking all of your bushes/mounts/joints/links. Your shopping list may HAVE to grow.

no more second shocks.they already done 20 years.have you try tunner and pelican parts IN USA?include still cheaper than buy in local.

Yup, paid $520US for koni sport adjustables on all 4 corners and US$170 shipping in 2 packages. The full set of new Vogtlands was NZ$230 landed.

At a US$0.82 or so exchange rate.

No one in NZ is going to come near that. George Stocks was roughly $400 for Vogtlands alone.