Sign in to follow this  
Muzzie

What The F**k Is This Spdier

We found a spider...........

It's big and ugly and has two devil horns on it's back, coloured white. The backs are black and the rest of the things body is yellow.

Picture provided. I've never seen one before and would like to know if it can kill a person or not. I'm sure I can find someone to experiment on :twisted: *looks at lock*

Picture not cropped for your viewing pleasure :P

Posted Image

stop posting the same topics on different forums you whore.

NZ forums spam whore = muzzie

Oh put a cork in it :P

Different forums = different people = greater knowledge.

Not my fault you're on my forums :P

Two-spined spider (Poecilopachys australasiae)

Small spiders, less than one centimetre across. The upper surface of the female's abdomen is yellow and olive with two white horn-like ‘spines' that give this spider its common name. Yellow and white bands and some red-brown markings are also visible. Males are much smaller and lack the distinctive ‘spines' of the female.

Another immigrant from Australia, these spiders have been recorded in New Zealand since the early 1970s. They have become quite common in the upper North Island. Since their arrival, they have slowly spread south and have reached as far afield as Wanganui.

The two-spined spider is often found in citrus trees. By day, the spider will hide under leaves, emerging at night to construct a cart wheel-shaped web. Despite its small size, the spider is capable of capturing moths and other insects several times its own size. As night draws to a close, the spider will recycle its web by eating it. The egg sacs are a distinctive spindle shape.

These spiders are regarded as harmless to humans.

- i wrote all of that

Two-spined spider (Poecilopachys australasiae)

Small spiders, less than one centimetre across. The upper surface of the female's abdomen is yellow and olive with two white horn-like ‘spines' that give this spider its common name. Yellow and white bands and some red-brown markings are also visible. Males are much smaller and lack the distinctive ‘spines' of the female.

Another immigrant from Australia, these spiders have been recorded in New Zealand since the early 1970s. They have become quite common in the upper North Island. Since their arrival, they have slowly spread south and have reached as far afield as Wanganui.

The two-spined spider is often found in citrus trees. By day, the spider will hide under leaves, emerging at night to construct a cart wheel-shaped web. Despite its small size, the spider is capable of capturing moths and other insects several times its own size. As night draws to a close, the spider will recycle its web by eating it. The egg sacs are a distinctive spindle shape.

These spiders are regarded as harmless to humans.

- i wrote all of that

Bullsh!t, you stole that off my site lol.

But it at least proves it's a spider and not a crab. Crabs don't have 8 legs

Guest Andrew

How bout this one I found in Oz.

It was frickin huge!

any more pictures of spiders and you're all banned!

How bout this one I found in Oz.

It was frickin huge!

that thing looks evil as with the 2 red bits on its head... Betchya that would tickle if it decided to take a nibble...

As for the 2 spined crab spider thing... WTF.

k this is one of the worst threads ever.