Sign in to follow this  
SIKE30

removing AFM?

Hi i got a 86 318i with a m10 engine. Does anyone know if i can remove the vane airflow meter and put a Pod Filter onto the intake pipe.

sparkle you dont know sh*t, shut the f**k up. if your going to mock someone on the interweb at least be informed about your subject matter.

the AFM can be removed, but only if your using after market engine management such as Link, that gets its airflow information through other means (e.g. MAP sensor) but not cheap.

on the subject of power, i wouldnt bother doing it. why? after driving andys car with an extra 30 horse at the wheels, its not THAT noticeable, compared to what other mods you can do for the money (of course it actually is faster but its hard to explain on the web). spend the money on suspension/other cool sh*t first.

Guest Andrew

You could put a pod filter in place of the stock filter - but its good for 0 hp, maybe negative power if its not properly shielded - could sound OK though.