Sign in to follow this  
HSB

Central Locking / Alarm

So the central locking on my car is really buggy - it's an aftermarket key (pretty are there is an aftermarket alarm in there somewhere because it Asian ladies voice comes on as soon as I turn on the car and it drives me insane) which I have to "point at the rear view mirror" to get it to unlock - even then it unlocks 1/5 tries. But worse the manual unlocking barrel doesn't work....

What do I do?lmao

Do I take it to an auto electrician to tear out the old system?

Do I buy uncut aftermarket keys and get them programmed?

It's such a weird problem!

You need to get this sorted very quickly before it auto locks on you. Once the new door lock barrel is fitted the control unit in the door will be in neutral and the remote & alarm should then work. The door lock barrel only connects with the control unit electrics in the door which then operates the lock.

• Like 1

Ahhh i see - makes sense.

Do u have any recommendations of who I should go see? Do you know anyone in Wellington area?

A dealer for this repair as I don't know anyone down there I could recommend.... or come for a drive

I was like hmmmm a drive sounds good...nek min Botany!!! Haha!

I'm due to be back in AK in the next 2-3 months - but as you say sounds like it can't wait that long

You need to get this sorted straight away. BM Worksop in Grey Lynn sell the lock assemblies and you need to get it coded to suite your key blade by a locksmith and fitted to the vehicle which is quite easy when you know what to do