Sign in to follow this  
handgrenade

E46 Jamex Adjustables for less than $500?

they will be, and can be certed, but they are a very poor design. basically they lower the vehicle by decreasing the spring rate, the exact opposite of what you want with a lowered car. they are strictly for looks only.

cert is $500ish regardless of what coilovers you use, so you might as well put some good ones in there

watch the Mighty Car Mods episode on the VW Golf they built they explain them all there.

I run fully XYZ adjustable coilovers in the Touring and very pleased with them. they ranked well in reviews, above BC etc, i took the plunge at lucky it paid off.

PM David Collier thru BMW/ECC Page, he imports Yellowspeed which are made in the same factory as XYZ just remarketed.

• Like 1

hey andy,

yeah i thought just as much

but isnt that the case with a lot or most coil over suspension? that to lower the ride height, you compress the spring??

i ran HSD coilovers in my skyline - found them the best, as they were platform adjustable - the spring rate and the preload on the spring was independent of the ride height adjustment.

my spring rate is totally independant of my ride height. whether it is at cert height or slammed, the spring rate is the same, you just wind the coilover down into the hub. thats how BCs, Ground Conrtol, and most if not all the japanese ones like Tien etc do it

i have never touched the spring rate since it was setup, i am just not skilled enough to know the effects etc. theoretically i could wind the coilover down and then release the tension on the spring for max lows but you know thats not me lol. plus it makes it easier, i know the front is wound in 50mm and the rear 40mm, sometimes i go 65/50