Sign in to follow this  
OP6

Z3 M Coupe value.

I have come across a 1998 Z3 M Coupe which may come up for sale. I would like to make the current owner a fair offer.

Part of the problem is that it is a bit of a barn find and the rest is as follows.......

WBSCM91030LB55804

Japanese import, converted to righthand drive (in NZ I think) in 2003.

Last used probably 2013 when the rego was put on hold.

Colour is Estoril Blue with black and blue leather.

Mileage is just under 58,000kms

S50B32 engine, 5 speed gearbox.

The engine, (I only had a very brief look) was missing the plastic rocker cover and the throttle bodies looked different from the E36 S50B32. It could be just the plastic missing though. Anyway the alloy rocker cover has that powdery white coating of oxidation on it.

It goes, according to the owner, but I doubt if it has had a service or at least a proper service since 2003.

In terms of body condition out of 10 it is about a 6 or 7, with a couple dents, scratches and a gouge on the bonnet by the grill, this will require a repaint of the bonnet. Little bits of trim are missing here and there, eg cover for the knuckle of the rear windscreen wiper, the chrome around the gearshift come to mind.

I will probably find the owner has a totally unrealistic value, but it is worth a try.

• Like 1

I have a `99 20,000k M Coupe with a left to r/h conversion done about the same time. This is in excellent cond. and I would value it between $60-$70,000 if and when I decide to sell.

My `02 S54B32 one has had a full restoration would be worth more if it had the same amount of k`s, Unfortunately it has now clocked aprox 340,000 k`s though it drives equally as good as the `99 S50B32

US M Coupe Buyers guide gives an indication of the collectability of these cars. Ranked amongst the top 5 most collectible BMW`s since the 80`s.

http://www.mcoupebuyersguide.com/

If you decide to purchase I can help out with spares. I have an accident damaged one here that I have disassembled.

Edited by HELLBM
  • Like 1

Cheers for that Ray, so, am I to guess that about $45,000 to $50,000 would be perhaps fair, or is that a bit much? Anyone else care to comment?

Cheers Don

The Z3 I was interested is at this stage too expensive, besides I bought a 2005 E46 M3 CS for considerably less than the asking price of the M Coupe. I shall revisit the Z3 in a few months when I can persuade my wife that I need a project.

Can I ask how much your M3 was as considering trading the Z3M Coupe with an E46 M3 to use as daily driver.