Sign in to follow this  
*bM**

My 1/4 mile time for "cainchapman"

You asked me to post my 1/4 mile time when i got one.

My frist time drag racing - quite happy with my times.

1st run 14.288 @ 161.25km

2nd 14.050 @ 159.31km

3rd 14.0 @ 156.75km

4th 13.8 @ 158.70km with an R/T of .460 and 60" of 2.177

only got 4 runs - all times are on slighty wet track last night at mere mere.

can some one explain why the trap speeds are down but the times are faster???(except for the last run)

Just if anyones curious

My awesomely powerful now dead 320i automatic was doing 18.50's, my best run was 17.80.

The Audi RS6 that was there was doing I think it was either 12.20 or 13.20. But had a first time drag person behind the wheel.

Came runnerup in the E/T competition and screwed on my final run posting 0.015 reaction time and beating my best previous time by 0.70 seconds

Edited by E30stz

I can't imagine it would be all that hard to pull consistent times in an RS6. I think they are auto.

For the manual drivers, whats the best technique for a quick run?

The 525 never breaks traction, so I've dropped the clutch a couple of times at 4500rpm, but don't have the means to compare different techniques and their times.

I'm in Auckland next year, looking foward to taking the Benz there :mosh:

RS6 is a manual, 6 speed I think- helluva car! 13.8 is very impressive for a road car on a damp track- well done!

Edited by conrod

Guest Andrew

RS6 is a manual, 6 speed I think- helluva car! 13.8 is very impressive for a road car on a damp track- well done!

agreed - impressive times for a m3 - esp at meremere

Well done, that is fast. Were they all done in one lane? Or did you use both? Always easier in the same lane to make improvements I've found.

Faster than the last M3 we had at the DYO. 14.40

Paul, the times are worse and the speed higher, is generally a function of the wheelspin off the line, you lose on the ET, but actually have higher wheel speed through the last trap.

On a DYO tree, isn't that last R/T a red light too?

I got the best starts but dialling about 2800-3000rpm and dumping the clutch. The dual mass flywheel gives you no clutch feel.

OK, you weren't in DYO. I assume it was stopped before the V8's got to run.

Edited by cainchapman

Nah didnt race with V8's expect in the practics round were i raced a V8 powerd ute and bet him. Raced 2 striped type R integras and a civic. Only got 4 runs in due to the weather it pissed down.

I just hop'ed in what ever lane i didnt care. I got Nah the R/T wasnt a red light you can get .001 and its not a red light as long as you dont pass the line till the green light then your sweet....

There was a 3.2 1997 M3 EVO there that pulled 2 runs that i saw and got 14.2 each run.

By the way my times are on full street car styles not striped out or anything with 98 octane gas... had some sh*t in the boot to.

Brendon

Cain i think your 540 has some kind of valve on the clutch to prevent "Dropping".and i think its that that gives the dead feel....