Sign in to follow this  
gjm

SOLD: E46 3DDesign / Ohlins suspension

The ACS / Eibach sway bars have gone.

Next up: The balance of the suspension I bought a while back. It is designed for use on all 6-cylinder E46 saloons and coupes but probably not the M3 (although I have seen the same part number quoted for the M3 and other models); Ohlins list a different part number for the M3.

This is from the Japanese BMW tuners, 3DDesign, who partner with Ohlins to develop suspension solutions. 3DDesign was founded in 1998 and initially focused exclusively on high-end suspension components. In 2012 they expanded into styling and other parts for BMWs and BMW Minis.

I bought this kit secondhand, but it has sat on a shelf in the garage ever since.

3DDesign-Ohlins_zps1ea4tbmf.jpg

The 3DDesign page for the kit is here and the pic on that page shows all the parts included - some of the rubbers are cable-tied to the springs in the pic of the kit I have (above). They have 20-way damping adjustment, and use the original BMW top mounts.

The webpage is in Japanese, so to help everyone out I have reproduced the info:

3ddesign%20e46%20suspension_zpsde9gsrcc.

New price, ex-Japan is \339,000, currently just over NZ$4000. (I've seen the same kit for JPY336,830 and USD 2950.

Normally I'd ask 50% of new (or discounted) price but I didn't pay that. Asking $1100.

Edited by gjm

sh*t. If this was E36 kit I'd be all over it in a heartbeat :(

You're not looking at selling the E46 are you??

You're not looking at selling the E46 are you??

May have to... Mrs M has arthritis and is starting to find it harder to get in and out of the 320d. :(

Thats a tough break dude :( could very well be keen if the wagon does become available

Thanks.

I'll bear it in mind.

3DDesign kit under offer.

And... Sold. :)