Sign in to follow this  
rusteee

E39 Msport wheels

Hi guys

May be a long shot, but wondering if anyone has a set (or just fronts) of Genuine BMW wheels kicking around to suit E39 540, that they would be willing to let me borrow for a short while to eliminate whether it is my rims causing the godforsaken vibration on this thing. I have an aftermarket set of M6 reps and after spending a small fortune trying to have the problem solved, this is the only thing I can think of left, perhaps out of round or buckled? Payment of beers (or cash). Any help appreciated

Edited by rusteee

Got some 16s from a 530i here if you want them. Nothing flash but they'll do in the interim

Edited by Ahmedsinc

Cheers man could be keen, after a set just as a trial need to be genuine and have tread (hopefully balanced)

Definitely genuine, will have a look at tread depth next time I'm in the pit. Came off wife's 530i wagon and were replaced with the wheels off your old car, I think the tread on the fronts isn't fantastic but depending on how long you need them for they should be ok. PM me if they're of use to ya

Cheers! I was trying to find somewhere that had one, didn't realise they did. Will give them a all tommorrow. Am having torque converter issues again causing a decent shudder as well but pretty sure that wouldn't transfer to the wheel.

Yea the converter shudder is bad at low speed and taking off, but definety a different sort from the driving shudder. The gearbox certainly takes the enjoyment out of the car. Had full reconditoned gearbox and torque coverter, its on its 4th torque converter, this is the second rebuilt unit to fail, hopefully there is no hassle with the warrenty.