Sign in to follow this  
Herbmiester

Effect of worn ball joints

I tidied up the front of my E46 with some poly bushings, new struts and Eibach sway bars but it still feels a little loose. Now I could be being overly fussy but Is suspect the tie rod ends and the suspension arm ball joints are probably worn. What have people noticed when changing these for new?

My E46 is still running factory toe settings but feels like it wants to follow deviations in the road even though it has increased castor. I can feel the rear move a bit as it sets into a corner and suspect it's the old RTAB's. I have a set of softer poly bushes so will fit those over Xmas but an keen to hear peoples thoughts on the front.

Thanks Ron lots of good check points there.

So Offset should be fine running Style 68's, no stretch (Banish the thought!),

Front: Camber 1.15 degrees, Caster rechecked 5.1 not 6.5 degrees. Toe 1.4mm.

Rear 1.04 r 1.27 degrees. Toe 1.5mm each side.

Apart from maybe adding a bit more rear toe I suspect it might be the ball joints , I see there are Meyle HD control arms on TM for $229 any other options?

Pretty sure my 68's are non M3 although they are a staggered set, I will have to pop one off and have a look.