WTB 16x8 wheels for E30

Hi all,

16x8 wheels please! Offset around 20-25p

Tyres are a bonus

Let me know what you have!

Thanks in advance

Jason

Edited by SIR E30

B. In Waikato area for the next day or two if anyone up this way has anything they want to let go of

I have 16x7.5 Momos if they might be useful?

Thanks but unfortunately I need 8s for cert

I knew certs were tight, but this sounds like overkill!

I would have expected that maintaining rolling diameter while not allowing tyres to extend past the wheelarch or rub on suspension components would be fine.

I'd heard a number of inspectors have quit over ever-more draconian policies in this area.

Still, it's nowhere near as bad as Germany and their TÜV requirements where parts manufacturers are required to extensively test any aftermarket and non-standard components. At least here the decision to modify is in the hands of the vehicle owner.

No he's correct. Your wheels are recorded on the plate and if you change any thing that is listed on the plate the car will be deemed as being out side of its cert and ilegal. They also measure the height of the car from the centre of the wheel to the middle of the wheel arch. So messing withthe wheel size mucks this up also.

I could be persuaded to part with my style 4s if you're keen/still looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, I am keen. Pics and price please Edit: are they 4 stud???

They also measure the height of the car from the centre of the wheel to the middle of the wheel arch. So messing withthe wheel size mucks this up also.

Wheel size affects ride height but not the distance from hub to guard, you could theoretically take the wheels off and still maintain the same distance.

Edited by SIR E30

Indeed, I am keen. Pics and price please Edit: are they 4 stud??? 

Wheel size affects ride height but not the distance from hub to guard, you could theoretically take the wheels off and still maintain the same distance.

Balls, sorry had a brain fade they're 5 stud sorry pal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he's correct. Your wheels are recorded on the plate and if you change any thing that is listed on the plate the car will be deemed as being out side of its cert and ilegal. They also measure the height of the car from the centre of the wheel to the middle of the wheel arch. So messing with the wheel size mucks this up also.

I don't doubt this is correct, but it does seem pedantic in the extreme! However, I think it applies to certified changes detailed on the plate, and not to a (reasonable) change of wheel on a standard car. That's a bit of a pain for anyone adhering to the letter of the law.

From the LVVTA docs: "you can fit any diameter wheel without the need for an LVV cert as long as the rolling circumference (the distance one turn of the wheel travels on the road) does not increase more than 5% over the original equipment." This applies (afaik) to an otherwise standard car.

I don't doubt this is correct, but it does seem pedantic in the extreme! However, I think it applies to certified changes detailed on the plate, and not to a (reasonable) change of wheel on a standard car. That's a bit of a pain for anyone adhering to the letter of the law.

From the LVVTA docs: "you can fit any diameter wheel without the need for an LVV cert as long as the rolling circumference (the distance one turn of the wheel travels on the road) does not increase more than 5% over the original equipment." This applies (afaik) to an otherwise standard car.

Ok to end all this on my thread, I am not requiring 16x8 wheels for any purpose other than keeping all my wheels the same size so they match my cert plate.

Edited by SIR E30

Ok to end all this on my thread,

I am not requiring 16x8 wheels for any purpose other than keeping all my wheels the same size so they match my cert plate.

Apologies, Jason!

4x100, 16x8, et20-25.

• Like 1

Apologies, Jason!

4x100, 16x8, et20-25.

Which are hard to find apparently.... haha!

I can't help you here, but out of curiosity, what size tyres did you fail on? And what size tyres are required for an 8" rim?