Sign in to follow this  
barosmajor

An E30 from Wellington

Hello All,

Most people call me Bear, and I have a 1986 325i 4 door that I have had since August 2013. I joined bimmersport.co.nz at the same time but never posted an intro, or made use of the site.

The car, which I call Nigella (yes, after Lawson), was cheap and needed work to get a WoF. I have always admired the E30 so I bought the car. It didn't need much to get legal, but in that first six months of ownership I'm sure it spent more time at the mechanics than my drive. It was definitely a love/hate relationship to begin with. In the following March, I stored the car at my mum's farm and took off overseas for nearly two years. My mum decided she liked the car so much she started to use it while I was gone, kept the WoF up to date and made sure it was hunky dory for my eventual return.

The car is currently stock standard, and that is pretty much how it is going to stay. The only change I would like to make is the auto to manual conversion. I'm sure one day I'll get around to doing the switch, once I have made the rest of the car hum like it should that is.

Anyway I'm back in NZ now and if you're currently in Wellington and you see/hear an E30 whistle past with a vacuum leak, it is more than likely me. Give us a wave!

Cheers Everyone!

Bear

Ps. Not necessarily to greatest image to show off the car, but it's the one I like most :P

post-45658-0-07914900-1452054249_thumb.j

• Like 1

Welcome, Bear!
Nice E30 you have, how's the body (rust)? I got mine totally stock too, and have only changed the wheels to OEM 15inch basketweaves. They're nice wheels. Maybe worth looking into.

There's a meet coming up too http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/54877-coffee-and-chin-wag-the-bach-cafe-sun-17th-january/

If you get a wave from a white E30, that's me!

you've got a minter of a surname B)

Edit: Looks like you've already got some weaves. 14's?

Edited by Kepes
  • Like 1

Welcome back to the forum Bear.

Hope you'll bring it along next Sunday.

Welcome...why do people blank out their number plates? Anyone can see them out on the street. I would give you a wave if I knew for sure it was you from your plate rather than some stranger out in his car.

• Like 1