Sign in to follow this  
318 g ride

body pannels

hi does anyone have any or know where i can get a silver front drivers quaterpanel for my e30? i have been looking on trade me and no one has any in silver? any help is appreciated.

If you sand it back yourself it won't cost very much to have a different coloured one painted - maybe $150-$200 as long as your sanding is up to scratch.

if you mean like the fender then dont bother, believe it or not it wont necessarly fit straight up. I was told by a panelbeater that no panels are exactly the same, they are just stamped metal and that the rivet holes wont necessarly line up.

Go get a quote on repairs, when I had mine dun (do'h) it cost me $350 all fixed and painted.

If repairable then repair it, if not, doesn't matter if the holes don't line up, paint over the holes to cover any bare metal and drill new ones to fit - not overly hard really if you are handy with a drill. Or use those self-cutting screws but remember to paint over after to prevent rust.

When I sent my car into the panel shop for it's make over I supplied 2 new front guards from 2 different cars. They fitted up without any hassle at all. No need to file/redrill any holes. The factory have supplied the guards with sufficient slots to juggle the fittment. Don't butcher the car just to fit the guard. Spend a bit of time to line it up properly with the factory slots.

If the holes don't come close to lining up them I would say you have bigger issues. ie. something is majorly bent.

Edited by smokenbaby

Don't butcher the car just to fit the guard.

Fitting as per factory is always better, but if you can't it is not butchering unless you are a clueless dumbass who can't work a drill and don't know your head form your a**hole.

I'm not taking a shot its just that a bit of ingenuity never goes awry if you can't get things to quite fit.

If all else fails and you re a clueless dumbass try a BFH.