Sign in to follow this  
jonoe30

BMW E91 trim

I'm wanting to replace the wood grain trim in a BMW E91 with something silver/aluminium.

The car is fitted with CCC and has the single button wheel in transmission tunnel console.

Looking at part numbers online it appears all of the trim is interchangeable between E90/E91 shapes (pre LCI).

I'm also looking for a tidy set of sill trim sets with the 'M' silver inserts. The current one's plastic has perished. These parts are also interchangeable between E90/E91 shapes across pre and post LCI models.

​If anyone on here has a set/can source a set, please let me know (and a price). Thank you!

Wrapping is also a good option.

Genuine aluminium trim tends to be pricey, and the used stuff tends to be dented/scratched all over...

A few places that will wrap it, or you can buy the wrap and DIY, it's not super hard apparently but requires patience f you want it to look good.

Hi Jono, I don't have a set however have you thought about painting the trim or hydro dipping? There are these guys in Auckland http://www.aucklandhydrographics.co.nz/

Thanks for this link... I was wondering if anyone did hydro-dipping!

Wrapping is also a good option.

Genuine aluminium trim tends to be pricey, and the used stuff tends to be dented/scratched all over...

A few places that will wrap it, or you can buy the wrap and DIY, it's not super hard apparently but requires patience f you want it to look good.

The cars about to go in for a tint with carfolie, so will discuss this option with them.

​No NZ wreckers seem to have sets with CCC specific cutouts so I'm a bit stuck there. Talked to a few ebay UK sellers, but after shipping was going to be around 450NZD so am beginning to look at the other options!

Edited by jonoe30