Sign in to follow this  
Burgess

Pondering 135i exhaust options

The limited research I have done has pointed me to Eisenmann which are kind of expensive...

Any advice/opinions or other considerations?

N55 135i

PE mod.

You can do it for the 335i, not sure about 135i but I'm sure there's a way as it's pretty standard stuff.

Basically cutting open the mufflers and covering up or replacing some of the perforated pipe inside. That's the only difference to the internals on the BMW Performance Exhaust.

Much cheaper than a new exhaust. A place in Auckland called Mighty Mufflers told me they can do it when I asked about my car (although I haven't had it done, still undecided), try them perhaps.

Then for the looks, you can buy new exhaust tips from Ebay, have your stock ones chopped off and the new ones welded on.

Edited by Matth5

Oh and you have the N55 so get the Performance Power Kit. Even with the stock exhaust in enhances the sound nicely, adds more burbles and pops, sounds awesome.

On some N55s it works without the activation code so no need to buy it from BMW, anyone who can do the Alpina flash can do it as the process is similar. BM Workshop Botany did it for me.

Edited by Matth5
  • Like 1

Its just a pipe so get the cheapest one you could find on market for down pipe,you can buy from ebay then do a little modification on o2 sensor position.you dont need to do any change for midpipe as the factory one is catless,for the muffler,if you looking for quad ,try remus.or other cheap brand.I will never pay that much for just a brand name

Edited by Esipan