Sign in to follow this  
VIKINGNZ

LPG Conversion of V8, 4,8i •BMW• 2007

Good Afternoon Dear, Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to ask you kindly to express your opinions/experience regarding LPG conversion of the above mentioned type of engine. I am along this question as I did not found such a discussion in this Forum. Do you know where in Auckland can be done such a conversion and what brand of can be use in this case.

Thank you in advance for your competent answers!

Best regards:

Yulian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Julian Willow

Hey SpikeyLemon! Exactly! Thank you very much indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a place in east tamaki on springs road who was ace on LPG conversions. But there days it's not worth it, even with the advances in LPG technogy going injection etc. back when LPG was 60-70 cents per litre compared to $1.70-80 for 91 ulp would have possibly made it viable as long as you are doing mega kays. Last time I looked LPG was anywhere between $1.25-1.65/l.

Also consider that LPG robs the vehicle of low down torque and takes up usable storage space. Over the past ten years I've had two Falcons on LPG a 4.0 and a 5.4 and I ended up running them on petrol especially for towing. The 5.4 v8 had a decent vapor injection in it. Open road would return 9.0 on 91 and 11.5-12 on LPG.

Also consider most people aren't going to want to touch a used E70 V8 running LPG.

You still haven't laid out your purpose for this X5 you want to purchase. If it's to drive around Auckland like most of these mobile road blocks then save a good ten grand over the diesel or V8 and go the 3.0 petrol. Also consider DPF and their dislike for short distance city driving.

If it's to tow and go open road occasionally then the 4.8'would be then winner.

Regular towing and regular open road high mileage then the diesel would be the best bet. Work a petrol and they start to drink. Even if you can afford the gas of the V8, stopping every 600km to put in nearly $200 worth of fuel will get tiring trust me.

If you don't need to tow anything decent then save a good 20 grand and go an E60 wagon. There's enough of these effn SUVs on the road as it is most of them full of retarded braindead drivers. In saying the the high end Euro stuff seems to have more switched on drivers than those horrible tacky jappa/Korean crap.

• Like 1

Yes Jonesey LPG. Let's keep the Unique Environment of New Zealand Clean and Mother Nature Protected! In Europe this is very common.

Coop, the SUV I will utilize as a only one and main family multipurpose vehicle urban/highway driving.

Edited by Julian Willow