Sign in to follow this  
lordandrevv

car washing question

hey,

I've read the sticky about car washing. I asked this question there but no1 awnsered it:

If you wax your car, you shouldn't wash it with shampoo as this will take it of

-i got that

but, would waterblasting the wax off? or could it depend from how far away and for how long you are blasting it?

cheers for any help

but, would waterblasting the wax off? or could it depend from how far away and for how long you are blasting it?

sorry, meant to say 'would waterblasting take the wax off? or could it depend from how far away and for how long you are blasting it?'

dont waterblast ya car.. cmon ... wash it the conventional way :) ... im guessing depending on the age of your car you might be able to do some damage to the clear code if it is peeling atall.

use your hands.

pussies use waterblasters.

and some "shampoos" are wax freindly.A water blaster will force water into joints,and places that normally are water "resistant"

thanks for that,

i have NEVER used a waterblaster on a car yet, as i don't own one, yet (just a few more weeks to go, i'm counting the hours lol), but i've been washing my mums car for the last year, every weekend at least and NEVER used anything other than a sponge and good car shampoo. I was just exploring into the topic as i was reading the sticky about car washing.

cheers guys

I use that Heavy Duty Car wash.. you know.. the one that is green. Will that take off my lovely canubra wax? I've washed my car 4 times this month so far.. only polished and waxed once though.

Theres really nothing wrong with waterblasters, they work the best at getting rid of annoying dirt, and under the wheel arches is good. :rambo:

i'm guessing waterblaster isn't that great to wash the engine bay with either? corosion, water where there shouldn't be any....even tho a good deagreaser and a waterblaster could be the solution to a VERY dirty engine bay (like my mums which i cleaned out with simple green deagreaser (pretty expensive but great results) and a cloth and a bit of sprinkle with the hose at the end. took ages and couldn't get into a lot of places. the under side of the bonnet was so dirty in some places i had to use cut and clear polish. Only other place i use that is the rims of my motorbike, nothing is more effective than that. waterblaster would have helped.

Why use carwash at all? If car is waxed properly you shouldn't need it, dirt will just fall off the car

Ok, some/most dirt might come of, but will seagul sh%t come off to? Tell me wat you're using if it does just slide of, with no marks left befind, i want some lol

Any comments on any of the above?

Guest Andrew

Why use carwash at all? If car is waxed properly you shouldn't need it, dirt will just fall off the car.

because you're gonna scratch it when you whip the chamois on it - its the little dirt you can't see.

I go to town on the engine bay with a waterblaster also - just leave the motor running.

the under side of the bonnet was so dirty in some places i had to use cut and clear polish.

That's a bit over the top ain't it?

Ok, some/most dirt might come of, but will seagul sh%t come off to? Tell me wat you're using if it does just slide of, with no marks left befind, i want some lol

Never had a problem with it - I've got one of the woollen wash mitts, which is sweet. Wax/polish is Meguiars (dark red bottle, forget the name).

because you're gonna scratch it when you whip the chamois on it - its the little dirt you can't see.

Fair enough, woollen mitt seems to do a good job of picking up the dirt.

QUOTE (lordandrevv @ Jan 25 2006, 12:52 AM)

the under side of the bonnet was so dirty in some places i had to use cut and clear polish.

That's a bit over the top ain't it?

not really...the good deagreaser took most of it off, but i did have to use polish to take all of it of (as my mum was paying me for that job, so i had 2 do a gud one). Just so happens that i had lots of cut and clear polish so thats the kind i used. Her car is white to, so that didn't help either