Sign in to follow this  
sadida20

1996 328

Thats a pretty general question... can you be more specific.

Model : 328i

Engine : M52 6 cylinder

Power : 193 HP

Top speed : 236 km/h

Year : 1994 - 1998

does anyone know anything about them?

They suck. That's all I know.

Get a Honda. I would.

Edited by m325i

Just by looking at the picture, it's the last of the pre-facelift model. (Evident by old-style kidney grill and air-bag, as well as the side repeater light) But it seems well spec with dual zone climate control, 10-speaker "premium" audio, electronic check-control, arm rest and M-tech body kit.

Milage is pretty ok for its age, just make sure it's been serviced properly and all servicible parts has been looked at. (at this milage, everything should have at least changed once, incl. O2 sensor)

If you will look at performance mods, it should still have the older OBD-I (M50)engine which has a slightly higher potential for less money compare to the later ones. (made in 96 and after, not include your one. As yours probably made in late 95 but registered in 96)

My 2 cents, hope these helps.

Any experts out there please correct me if I am wrong.

PM the last 7 digit of the VIN and should be able to get you more accurate things on what exact engine it has.

Guest Andrew

If you will look at performance mods, it should still have the older OBD-I (M50)engine which has a slightly higher potential for less money compare to the later ones. (made in 96 and after, not include your one. As yours probably made in late 95 but registered in 96)

All 328s are M52 - as are all 323s.