Sign in to follow this  
schwarz88

cooling system bleeding

...ok this seems to be a recurring theme in any topic i post on.

on the way home from town on thursday the car temp gauge decided to sit at 3/4 warm, if i was stationary it crept up a little but otherwise it was just running much warmer than usual.

...flushed the radiator today and once clean started refilling the system with coolant, got about 2.5litres into it and it wouldn't take any more and just started coming out the overflow tube, pumped the hoses trying to get it to move zip...again out the overflow, started it up and ran it for a little while to see if the water pump would pump through, nothing, opened the bleed valve...just air coming out.

let it all cool down checked the expanision tank, still at the correct level, tried opening the bleed valve again nothing.

ran it round the block managed about 100 yards and was edging the red, came back kicked the tires and cursed it.

any ideas???

do this from cold

take the bleed valve out completely at expansion tank cap and let it warm up then top it up til it wont take anymore i had a similiar sounding problem with my m40 so i did this then topped it up but keep an eye on temp guage aswell

make sure the bleed plug is not blocked!I was trying to bleed the 535 and bleed plug was blocked.Make sure heater in on full,easier if front of car is slightly elevated,make sure that the overflow tube to expansion tank is not blocked(all m30 based comments!)