Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Hybrid e46 330i. The modding starts

Does that mean you can cook on it without it sticking?! :P

At least its a garantee, If the paint gets Fu<ked you can get it fixed for free :rolleyes:

my dad got that teflon on his car, i don't rate it, no where near a wax finish.

Depends a lot on what you have underneather the Teflon. my last paint job was great, just had to clean the car (no wax) and it looked brand new, waxing it with meguirs techwax didn't really do anything to add gloss / shine to it. The reason I put wax on it was to protect it ... hence on a high qaulity paint job the teflon it should keep it looking that way everytime I wash the car. I more worried about bird sh*t, even after 1/2 a day being left on there .. you can see it eating into the gloss. and has to be buffed out. would rather avoid having to buff again ... teflon is that way forward for me .. as over winter, I dont get much opportunity to clean the car at all ...

man thats wicked, are youre new lights legal as in do they have all the dot markings etc? as i was looking at getting some for my car but id want to know if they were warrantable.

man thats wicked, are youre new lights legal as in do they have all the dot markings etc? as i was looking at getting some for my car but id want to know if they were warrantable.

Not as it stands ... however .. I have found a way to change the US sidewalk flare from the right to the NZ left. inside the focusing lens there is a metal plate .. im going to flip it .. which will change the prysm effect to the other side ;)

YO HYBRID

school me on how to change the p46 lens to the other side please!

it is quite annoyin when you have the weaker side of thelights as the directional output on the road

YO HYBRID

school me on how to change the p46 lens to the other side please!

it is quite annoyin when you have the weaker side of thelights as the directional output on the road

sup man,

Will tell ya as soon as I get my dam car back and do it myself ... weds next week now :( cars fully painted tho .. they are just doing the interior ...

basically the metal masking plate inside the focusing lens (inside housing, remove xenon bulb very carefully without touching the bulb glass with bare hands) I've gotta figure out a way to flip the masking plate.

Edited by hybrid

Hey dude, gorgeous looking car you have there - nice attention to detail. Looks to be well on par with the projects on e46 fanatics, you'll definitely give them a run for their money.

A four door e46 M3 look will definitely be appreciated by those in the know, meaning the "phwoars" will more likely come from guys. Ah well.

Can I ask what you rim diameter/width/offset/tyre combo is front and rear? I like how you have yours dead flush with the gaurds. I'm currently researching for my e46 sedan.

Cheers

Can I ask what you rim diameter/width/offset/tyre combo is front and rear? I like how you have yours dead flush with the gaurds. I'm currently researching for my e46 sedan.

Cheers

Thanks for the comment :D

um, I'm running 19x8.5 fronts with 19x9.5 rears with a 42 offset (slightly too big normally you'd do a 38 offset) Tyres are FK-451 235 / 35 fronts and 265 / 30 rears.

The wheels have a lip that sticks out past the tire bead and that coupled with the 'streached' look tyres (they arn't really streached its how the falkins are contructed to give that euro mod look) give the whole look.

Before I had the gaurds done they would rub on big bumps or heavy loads in the car. They had been rolled as much as they could without cracking the paint but not enough. Hence the increase in this round of mods. The brief I gave the Precision Autowerks was not to give the car any umbrella effect. as it would ruin the look. They shaved the metal on the gaurd lip and used an extruding machine/tool to pull the gaurds out thus keeping the proper OEM curves on the gaurds (very important to me).

Check back in thread youll see in the 'phone camera' shots the rear gaurds shaved.

If your in auckland pop over and I can show ya what where how.

[update]

Just phoned in with the shop, they are just finishing off detailing the car ... am getting it back tomorrow

:mosh: :bounce: :mosh: :bounce: :mosh: :bounce: :mosh: :bounce: :mosh: :bounce: :mosh: :bounce: :mosh: :bounce: :mosh: :bounce:

:D

Ill do a photoshoot this weekend ... around saturday, as am playing Deep Hard n Funky this thursday night.

Those of you going heres the details ... Antiform in the westend @ 10:30 till 12 .. gonna be bad ;) got a ton of new material written for yas :D

Edited by hybrid

Goddammit, i had bought tickets to that, but i have to go up to Kaiatia with my mrs to see her mum so the tickets were sold -_- owell i can wait till next year :bounce: :bounce:

[update]

Its back .. :) Just off for a proper photo shoot will post some more later tonight :)

in the mean time ... teasers

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by hybrid

Guest Spargo

Man that is subtle!

Got some scum-as cam photos of you boys tearing up the westend, it was a killer set.

My girlfriend loved it also. First time she had seen you play.

Awesome!!

May I suggest some Euro plates for the back and those silver-look bulbs for the front indicators?

It look stunning as it is, I particularly liked the power dome and the overall subtle-ness.

hahah .. yeah somewhat :) ... going to taupo this weekend for a run around the track with the BMWCC .. I need to take some more photos ... its kinda hard with the weather at the moment. but ill get some up maybe from this weekends DT day.

fabulous car......lovin da bonnet dome........umm would recommend getting some M3 mirrors....but yea, overall.......God of Bimmersport..... :bowdown:

Soooooo while waiting for certain engine stuff to be done to the e30.... I decided that the e46 need some more modding since the last round. (hence digging up the old thread :) )

Exhaust system

Supersprint 330i stainless twin 2 1/2 inch.

Was a little bit of fun getting the oxygen sensors after the cats connected so we removed the pipe from the cats and replaced it with a newly flaged piece. Sleeved the new system over. This removed the restriction all e46's suffer from.

Result :)

I now have a lot more power up top, quite noticable. The tone is fantastic too, no drone and a sporty sound.

Also had a firmware upgrade done to the ECU and GPU ... its now alot more responsive and just stronger through the rev range

Coupe seats upgrade

Came into some coupe 330ci sport seats, I will re-leather these black and install them into my old 330i carriers and make some minor mods to the seats controls.

Works wheels upgrade

Decided that a) it was time for a change and B) after my run in with the esmonde road exposed manhole cover it was time to change wheels

19x9.5 19x8.5 Rezax II Works wheels, On 4 week order now

Posted Image

KW Coilover

Thought it was time to install a set of coilovers instead of my lowering springs and here they are: Fully adjustible KW variant 2's

Posted Image

Hamann/Eibach uprated sway bars

Also part of the upgrade was the ever important sway bar upgrade.

This thing if it wasn't already ... is going to be on rails :)

OMG those wheels are hot $ ??? lol hate to think. Thats a pretty large exhaust twin 2.5s? all the way through?

Edited by Drifty 340i V8

beautiful mate, impressed, must show us the pics once the wheels are on. What you doing with your old ones ?