Sign in to follow this  
mmmp0wer

M54b30 cam sensors where to buy

Hi

Is there a list of bmw parts/wreckers on the forum or best online places to buy parts from?

My car is throwing a p0340 cam sensor error so I want to replace it.

I see pelican and ecs tuning are popular from overseas.

Thanks 

Hi John first off are you sure it is the cam sensors and not some other related issue ie fault in  wires from the sensor. To be on the safe side it is best to replace these with oem or even genuine as their have been a number of posts made on this forum of trouble with second hand ones and even so called new ones.These are used on a number of bms have a chat to Gavin at Euro-Italian a forum sponsor to get some idea of what they will cost you.Then try the overseas firms to compare prices  plus the time delay to get them here best of luck. 

Have a look at pelican they range from 35.00 odd to 144.00 US. As for the wiring looking ok that might be the case but my experience was two fold, heat had made things brittle and the wire had almost separated second due to oil which had managed to get in too the connector.