Sign in to follow this  
speedyg

Ruapuna pics

OK, I don't know where you got them from Conrad.

But, yes, they are thanks to Euan Cameron whose awesome photographs show up in most motorsport magazines.

I am still clearing them for use, and we will select one for a Dixi cover sometime soon.

We have one straight panel on the car and a large bill. No, the motor isn't for sale. It will be ready for the first of the endurance meetings.

A reason why you should have 2 touring cars.

You have also missed 4 photos from the series.

......yes I know, having problems transferring them from my email to here.There is actually a few more earlier in the series, not sure but think it may have been "censored" Who was driving? Much damage apart from panels? Edited by conrod

Den driving, snapped the rear shocks (boy racer look in last photo).

I've been travelling since and there was another classic meet at levels this week-end. So I doubt anyone has really looked at it. Prepping the remaining 5 cars for the Classic racing, then look into that Touring car for the Endurance series.

I will be talking to Den or Richard in the next few days and get an update.

An average persons salary to repair it, I'm sure.

I had just been in it to try and mount my video camera, but the mounting was in the DCH touring car. Bummer.

Edited by cainchapman

Good thing Dennis is not an average person then........ Was this the car that won Bathurst in 97, or the one that won it and was then excluded? Apparently some in car footage from one of the Mustangs, but I'm sure you know that.....

Edited by conrod

I'd need to check the log book. I did have all those answers when I was chasing Lyall for spares.

There was also a cameraman with a TV camera on the bank, but I believe the footage was grainy. Racing incident, no one at fault.

Den didn't care, still took everyone out for a Chapman dinner. We missed it and went to a friends place. Andrew & Lisa got to take our place.

We took them for a spin in the 156GTA and he got a lift back from the track in the 348GTB. Andrew would have got a lap or two in the passengers seat of the Diet Coke car after the meeting. None of the other cars had second seats in for the week-end.