Sign in to follow this  
speedyg

Ruapuna pics

You are correct, none of the JPS cars were there, 635 or E30's.

That Blue car is a 1906 Darracq F1 car, 14.25l 4 cylinder and capable of 100mph (160kph) and was Malcolm Campbell's first Bluebird.

The Sidchrome Imp was Jim Richards cars and he will be racing it in the classic series shortly. Dunedin Street race at least, I've been told. Tony Mann has done a great job with it.

So no-one got decent photos of the Super Tourers then. I'll post and old one then until I can post the other series.

post-2-1139426237.jpg

Non Bmw but made in 1906 14.5 litre 4 cylinder! And not a seatbelt in sight! :thumb:

Haha, my dad was there and he told me it has exposed rocker gear! 14 Ltrs.... crazy

And ive been told those JPS E30s are extremly fast? Built in australia (Buy jim richards??)before the m3 right?

It's a Hillman Imp Dave. 875cc rear mounted motor. I had one as my daily runabout when I lived in CHC. Heaps of fun. Porous block though. It would out handle a mate Fiat 850 around Hoonapuna.

Guest Andrew

Was an awesome race meet - didn't even think to get in touch with you guys while I was down there.

I was hanging out with the DCH people on the Friday/Saturday - then was stuck in the timing box for all of sunday.

Perhaps not this one..

Haha, thats my dads old MkII cortina in the background.... small world

A bit of BMW.v.Ford action at Ruapuna............

post-2-1139799311.jpg

Edited by conrod