Sign in to follow this  
murrayafc

2003 525I Msport

Hello

The time has come to sell the BMW due to a company car arriving soon.

2003 525I Msport E39 With 172,000km (Used daily so will increase)

WOF 11/17 (Just needed a tire to pass the WOF) REGO 02/17 (But will stick on another 6 months)

Bodywork could use a bit of a tidy up, crack in rear bumper and some clearcoat coming off a corner in the roof. Interior is in good condition with no rips.

Mechanically it runs well. Slight ruff idle on cold start up for about 15 seconds then clears and runs fine, its always done this and never bothered me. Back windows don't work but I never sit in the back so yet again never bothered me.

Since I've had It I've replaced the clutch fan / plugs / serpentine belt and pulley. AC belt needs fitted as both belts came off when the pulley disintegrated. Dave I will get that replacement belt to you soon, sorry for the delay. Fan shroud could be done with being replaced as I snapped a bit when changing the belts, so resovior bottle is held in place with a cable tie. easy job though.

Also it tells me to check brake lights but there's nothing wrong with them.

Its an automatic and changes nice and smooth.

I've also fitted an audiovox adapter to the stereo so its now Bluetooth enabled and handsfree calling.

If your interested or want more info just give me a shout think I've covered everything. Looking for about $4500 for it.

Cheers

IMG_4176.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

New Air Con belt now fitted over the weekend and also a new TSTAT as my overheating issue returned. Seems fine now but time will tell. Also stupid MSport badge removed from the boot. I quite like the one on the grill.

REGO update til August 17.

Just bumping this. Will expect any reasonable offers.

I stuck this on trademe, and 2 days later the ruff running got worse. Typical !! so at the moment its sitting in onehunga and can only really be driven short distances as its lacking power and misfiring..

I'm not really needing to spend anymore on this so im open to offers.

It looks in great condition, but one can get an E39 540 MS these days for similar money.