Sign in to follow this  
Bendy

2009 E90 320i intermittent start

Hi, I have an issue starting my car occasionally. 

2009 320i E90,  manual trans, 100,000km.

Only just bought it from a yard a week ago and had them pay for a replacement battery which was tested and required replacing after experiencing weak ignition starts.

95% of the time it starts fine. Then occasiaonly if I push the start button the engine will either crank for a second and nothing or no crank at all. After a few tries or pass of time like a few minutes it will eventually start. 

First time this happened was when I accidentally stalled the car just due to stopping without clutch in 1st gear. Now it has happened a couple times just starting it from parked. 

Stalled it before the new battery but the parked fails are since the new battery was fitted  this has all happened in a short timeframe so unsure if the dud battery is related to the problem  

Looking online I can't find anything specific to my car but hundreds of theories over many different years, engines, transmissions, diesel. 

Hoping someone here has an experience or knowledge of these symptoms specific to my car to head me in the right direction to diagnose the problem?? Thanks