Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Badge tanline

Hi guys, decided to de-badge the 318 only now it has got a tanline from where it used to lye. What would you recommend to try get it out.

I might go down by a machine buffer as hand doing it all doesnt seem to get very far.

Edited by E30stz

Yeah I noticed the same on mine as well and it wouldnt come out. Basically the paint is faded every else on the car except there so I dont think there is much you will be able to do about it cheaply. I just stuck my badge back on lol.

recomend setting up a situation where some member of the public drives into your boot and you get it fixed and resprayed for free

Give it a cut and polish.

go 1500 grit then 2000 grit wet sand with cutting compound. When sanding use a soft sanding block and let the paper do the work don’t apply to much force, the lighter the better. After the 1500 do the same with 2000 grit, buff and polish.

Edited by bem-on

repaint the whole car a nice gloss black.

bro jus get prepsol...whisch removes sticky iccky stuff.we use it to prep a car b4 paintin...haha im debadged n shaved.....another name mite be wax n grease remover or paint prep... :bounce:

prepsol wont do anything to help the colour difference its just a solvent for "preping" surfaces..

only thing you can do is repaint in a matching colour to the rest of the car, or full respray..

i vote full respray!

respray

black

Jungle Black

hell yeah