Sign in to follow this  
SRBMW

Filling up your e36

Every time I go to put gas into my e36 and put the nozzle in and pull the trigger and put the lock on it keeps tripping the sensor like its full so I have to stand there and manually do it at every gas station.

Does anybody else have this problem??

Yeah mine seems to be like this especially when close to empty. I only have the nozzel in one click and it seems to go.

Everytime, without fail though, it fills up and splashes down the bumper - always give it a rinse with water and a wipe with the paper towels.

Every time I go to put gas into my e36 and put the nozzle in and pull the trigger and put the lock on it keeps tripping the sensor like its full so I have to stand there and manually do it at every gas station.

Does anybody else have this problem??

Use the have this problem on my old e36... yeah .. put the nozzle in one resting hook and you _should_ be able to get full bore from it .. if not (as othrs have said) use the one click auto hold on the handle..

Only way around it :/

go NZ gas companies for trying to re inventing the wheel again .. :/

Mine is the same, I just have it on the outer most "resting position" of the pump, seems to be fine then.

A bit of a pain in the ass, but hey thats life, I just live with it.

Cheers

Grant

you dont just Jam the nozzle in full depth straight off...you gotta be gentle at first

get'a bit o' gas in the tank ..then go a bit deeper - and wait for the auto fill to finally Click

ooooooo

as to how to fill the car...f**ked if i care now.....so long as ive got gas to get to the GF's house...lol

GIGGITTY

Edited by Homy.D.Clown

Odd, I only seem to have that problem with the occasional pump - mostly its just biff the nozzle in and let her rip.

However mine does seem to blos gas back out when it is full - as was mentioned above, rinse with water and wipe with paper towels...

Never have a problem with putting the nozzle in just by 1 rest hook and leave it lock onto first or second notch if the trigger. Sure takes longer to fill, but what difference does a minute makes?

Yep, both my E36s did that. PIA!

I found Mobil pumps to be the worst. No idea why...

I had to sort of hold the trigger in a mid position - could never put the nozzle all the way in, 'cos it'd cut the flow off instantly.

The E39 doesn't do it, thankfully.