Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

Electric Windows Question

Hey guys just wondering if anyone here has attempted to convert a non-electric window 4 door to electrics? I'm just asking where the wiring from around the gear stick runs to under the air conditioning ducts in the centre console...i'm about to attack them on a donor car with a ban saw to see where the wire goes, but if I could just unplug them from somewhere and pull them out, I dont have to perform a tripple bypass for nothing.

Any info would be cool.

Thanks! ^_^

Don't do it. Some cars "only" need all the glass changed and motors etc fitted and complete wiring loom change while others will need all the doors to be swapped as well.

Well, after some very intense investigation with a knife and a number 10 I managed to esablish that my car will be fine if i just swap out the loom / motors / windows. The wires / plugs exist properly in each door, just not in the current loom. As I understand it, the loom that powers / controls the windows is also the loom for the central locking? Also, the wires that run into the boot, I wonder if it would be easier to just cut them and manually solder them back into the other loom instead of tracing it all the way into the boot for the boot lock?

If anyone is interested I can take photos and do a writeup on this as i'm 1/3rd the way though doing it anyway. The windows are comming out of a Pre f/l and going into my f/l too, so some of the wiring under the glove box seems to be in a different place, but still the same plugs and coloured wires etc.

And next week, I get to drop my 1.6 and throw in a nice reconditioned M10 318 engine for some turbo'ing fun :thumb: