Sign in to follow this  
smithy

supercharging e30

Guest Spargo

and a supercharger :thumb:

You know Conrod, Active autowerke do a superchrger kit for the S50B32, i'm guessing it would be an eaier fit than a turbo S50-E30.

I think they only do the kit for an E46 (S54) Besides, I'm not a big fan of superchargers, turbo or nothing for me. And nothing (naturally aspirated) will be plenty to start with in a lightweight E30 I think!............

Edited by conrod

If you can do your own work and fasion what materials you need then there's no reason why you can't grab a supercharger off a toyota soarer, or levin, and after working out how to bolt it on and hook up the pulley have a supercharged E30 ;)

It's been done to an E28 in Australia easily enough - you'll have to google that website

yea i want to make it supercharged with bits and pieces from differint makes and models im keen to do it my salf but i dont know wich order to put the parts coz u got a supercharger then u got intercooler and blow of valve and the air flow meater dose any one know of a web site that wold say how to do this

Going by the questions you have asked, and by your own admission you have not attempted a job like this before, nor have much knowledge on what is involved. In essence, supercharging an engine seems easy, the reality is quite a bit different though. As you plan to do this yourself, rather than shell out a mountain of readies for someone else to do it for you, it is vital that you learn and understand what is required. Go and buy the book "Supercharged" by Corky Bell, it will cost you about $100,(loose change compared to what you will spend on the conversion) READ IT, and once you understand what is required then go for it. It is too detailed to tell you how to do it here, and besides, YOU have to understand exactly what you are doing.

Honestly it is probably a more sensible conversion to attempt, many more people who have done this sort of thing that can give you good advice on how to do it! :thumb:

Guest Andrew

yea i think it will cost to much to do this might put my money into 2.7 converion probily will get more hp for $$$

while more sensible - its not even close to more hp per dollar -

turbo it

You will need :

Engine management (appox $1500 - 2000 installed and tuned)

A manifold to bolt turbo onto ($600 - $800 depending on wastegate options)

An intercooler ($600 ----> $xxxx) for a good one

A rising rate fuel pressure reg (didn't price one)

6 fuel injectors from a massive engine - HSV ones work ($600)

A new fuel pump

Perhaps a surge tank

Changes to ignition - (perhaps remove dizzy and go for a more modern system)

A turbo (perfect one for sale here from $1300 i think)

A wastegate + some awesome boost controller

Custom pipe work for turbo -> intercooler -> throttle body ($500ish)

Custom exhaust

Misc oil lines + restrictors and customisation of oil sump

Perhaps water to the turbo

BIG ASSED BRAKES

That would be my ideal turbo setup (lots of little things left out)- leave the motor stock till it dies - run around 8 - 10 psi boost - probably close to 300 rwhp (150 more than your 2.7 will give) Don't expect change for $8000 - $10,000 depending on how much work you can do yourself - and using only new parts.

Of course - it can be done cheaper - a lot cheaper. But it will break.

edit: and if you went the turbo route - get Maximum Boost by Corky Bell (again around $100)

A supercharged 2.7 build would be the win since they're not rev happy...that'd be one massive torque monster E30

has any one done a 2.7 coverion how did it change the engin proformenc i like to rev my engin all the way to revlimit all the time so dose a 2.7 like to rev the same

has any one done a 2.7 coverion how did it change the engin proformenc i like to rev my engin all the way to revlimit all the time so dose a 2.7 like to rev the same

Have you had dental surgery today or something?

Some 2.7 builds don't like revving past 5500rpm, look that the 2.7 build thread in performace before asking any more questions

Edited by Carl