Sign in to follow this  
alex

CD player issues!!

Hey guys,

I've got a '94 M3 currently with a bmw business series head unit which only plays tapes. Either that or i cant find the CD stacker..

I want to know whats the best option to play cd's in the car.

Option 1. Am i able to get another newer bmw business series cd player and replace it with the current one? or is it too much of a hassle? (I want to keep the standard look of the car at the moment)

Option 2. Is it possible to attach a cd stacker to the head unit so i can play cd's?

Any help is appreciated,

thanks

If your head unit is the same then start bidding on this one and just connect the changer. (Your car maybe already wired for a boot changer , normally the cables will be sitting behing the left side boot cover /carpet. You'll just need to connect the stacker cables and locate a couple of holes to screw the CD changer brackets to.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C.../p-17473117.htm.

The later model BMW headunits can be converted to work with various products such as none OEM boot changers and IPODS so that could be a good option.

Personally , the e36 have a standard size stereo slot so you can go better than the factory head unit / changer combo. The audio sticky on this site is an excellent start.

I ended up changing out the head unit , and put in a 4 channel amp, 2 channels to run new front component speakers , and the other two to run a sub, leaving the factory rear speakers for a bit of rear fill. The head unit had high pass and low pass crossovers built in as well as subwoofer control. The system has far better clarity than the factory and plenty of omph if the music takes you.

Edited by Neal

Ah yes, that is my head unit. I might change my whole set up in the future but for now i'll keep it standard and hopefully get my hands on that stacker.

Thanks for the help.