Sign in to follow this  
SIKE30

318i Misfire

A couple of days ago i was driving my 1986 318i i stopped at the lights and when i i started to drive off the car started to misfire and hesitated to go over 40. I replaced the distributor cap and rotor and fuel filter now the car goes over 40 but it still misfires at 40 and 60 kph.

When I removed the plugs they were dry and carboned and also at the time my cars fuel was low.

Can anyone help me plz??

Check the OHMS on your leads. Under load they may be breaking down.

Cleaning s/plugs always is bad, mmmmkay. Just replace them.

Also, if applicable, checking/cleaning throttle body and AFM. Carb cleaner or brake clean does wonders. If you don't know what you are doing there, just don't :)

thanks man I replaced the HT leads but it made no difference so I took my car into Service European and they said the dizzy was loose. Now it goes fine!!

thanks man I replaced the HT leads but it made no difference so I took my car into Service European and they said the dizzy was loose. Now it goes fine!!

That happend to me once with the 320, wondering why it wasnt turning on, opps forgot to put dizzy cap on properly.