Sign in to follow this  
danutt

plates

got plates for my bimmer but there are words printed above and below the actual indented word how do i get rid of those ??please sum advice on this the words are not dented into the plate thanx for ne help

p.s they not stuck on either thye printed and think they covered by clear or something

looks like your screwed.

post some pics

theres gotta be a way tho must be able to remove the words maybe put sumin over them ?

Did you want the words on there? If not, send the plates back.

Othrewise, my advice is a bit of white signwriters vinyl - should be able to get some free out of their scrap bin.

pre printed for another company but the word can be used as a custom plate so yea beats payn approx 400 for a plate aye! ^_^

thanx for the advice on the white vinyl where could i get sum tho ??

So you bought these second hand I guess??

You can get the vinyl from any signwriter - ask them nicely for some offcuts - clean your plate thouroghly and then spray with water, cut the vinyl to size and peel off the backing - spray the sticky side with water. Then put the vinyl on the plate and wait for it to dry.

The water makes it easy to stick on and remove all bubbles - it doesn't disolve the glue unless you really soak the vinyl in ALOT of water for some time. In other words its almost impossible to use too much water and the result is way better than you can possibly get without using water.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

sand paper would make more damage and yea the plates are like a silver in colour so do you get silver vinyl?where could i buy sum saves me the trouble of findin sum you know

By silver I guess you mean that relfective white colour - don't know if signwriters have much of that lying around - white would do OK. You can buy reflective sticky tape from any safety store.

There's NZ Safety in Albany, Glenfield, Avondale, Penrose, East Tamaki, and Wiri.

www.nzsafety.co.nz

and Protector Safety (www.protectorsafety.co.nz in Takapuna, Avondale, Penrose, and East Tamaki.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

cops are dogie wouldnt they "frown" upon havn reflective tape on your number plate?

You can get reflective tape from my work also (SuperCheap Auto). I think its quite cheap its over by the aerosol paints below the paint brushes hah

thanx will have a look at super cheap auto on lunchthanx for the help will let you all know wat i used etc

$14.50 to get plates reprinted :P

just call up plates, i thought it was 50 bucks, cos i got stuff written above an below mine to, they will reprint it for under 60 bucks, no doubt about it...

just looking back through bimmersport and noticed this post i started lol

yes still got tha plates and i ges il give em a call

wats the number or the places name??

plates?

thanx

p.s

plate is second hand so presumably i can just go there and pay and have them cover up the damn words above an below the original plate??