Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Phone choice

When twilight falls, prowl the night with the mysterious Nokia 7280 phone. Shrouded in the mystery is a passion that will only reveal itself as you slide it open. Its sublime form is exquisitely crafted, leaving you with a slim, sleek object of beauty, unmatched by any other. You and the Nokia 7280 phone, a combination that's as compelling as the night.

I'm still using a 5yr old Sony CMD J6, but it's cool as hell. I've lost it twice and had to look around for a replacement phone but both times I was really disappointed in the phones available these days - sure they've got all these nifty features but very few are actually anything more than average at actually being PHONES...

Nokia has the E70 coming out soon that has built-in VoIP over WLAN and only 17mm thick.. and if you don't care about a camera you can get the E60 instead which is a lot thinner.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a 7280 for going out, they seem handy... but I text more than I ring when I'm out and txting is a real c*nt on that phone.. you can get them on Ebay for <$US200.

For full PDA functionality without the size, the Qtek 8310 / O2 XDA Orion / I-mate SP5 (all the same phone) is awesome.. WLAN as well.

Anyone thinking about the RAZR should look at the Samsung Z510 instead, or the Benq-Siemens EF81 which are both way more capable than the RAZR.

This site is the shiz-nizzle for scoping phones...