Sign in to follow this  
ib456

Window wipers?

Diriving to work today I was subject to a 15 minute rant about how the girlfriends 98' 318 ti M spec doesnt have the ability to adjust the intermitant wiper speed or if it does where the hell is it...

on my e34 you turn the wipers to the intermittent position ,turn off immediately turn on again at desired interval

on my e34 you turn the wipers to the intermittent position ,turn off immediately turn on again at desired interval

Or instead of turning it to intermittent, just tap down on the knob (unless thats what you mean?)

As fas as I know, e36 wiper changes its speed according to road speed (unless it has the optional rain sensor which over-rides that with what it's sensing) You cannot change it manually.

Or instead of turning it to intermittent, just tap down on the knob (unless thats what you mean?)

No thats "mist" one wipe at a atime,intermittent is the first click up from off std delay is about 7 seconds.....

Mine does the same - if its too heavy for the intermittent but not heavy enough for the wipers to be constantly going, I just tap down on the lever once to make the wipers go... its only a minor inconvenience, so just deal with it I guess... :ph34r:

my wipers have an annoying thunk so my mist and intermittent adjust get a thrashing.....

I thought it wouldnt have the ability to change it.. she will just have to get used to it.. is her only complaint about the car tho, otherwise it is her baby, I think she loves it more than me and our dog's....