Sign in to follow this  
Brad1138

Need some opinions on value

Just wondering on the value of a few things because i need to move them rather quickly so i need to get the pricing right, give me just an honest opinion on there values.

-- 323i, 1996, 56km, auto, 4 door, completely standard and immaculate

-- bmw e34 tow bar - Genuine, cost about $500 i have the reciept for it.

-- bmw e34 throwing star mags with bridgestone potenza's 235/45/17 -- im pretty sure they are genuine not knock offs as the mags all curve the same way. (mags have a small amount of curbing on 2 of the rims, tyres done about 10,000km)

cheers

-- bmw e34 throwing star mags with bridgestone potenza's 235/45/17 -- im pretty sure they are genuine not knock offs as the mags all curve the same way. (mags have a small amount of curbing on 2 of the rims, tyres done about 10,000km)

Why do you want to sell these again ?

[edit....]

Right, just dug out your original post saying you want to drop 70mm and get 18's !!

Just to re-iterate what both Paul and Glenn said originally. Dont go over 17's unless you intend to pay some serious money on the suspension. Boge and Eibach would surely set you back a pretty penny along with buying the 18's.

You have a genuine set (so it appears) of throwing stars which are worth a decent amount of money and as Cain says would cost a fortune to replace.

If you dont like them then fine toss them, but Id be keeping them and spending the money elsewhere if it was my car.

You did ask for opinions right ;)

Edited by martyyn

Yeah im all about seeing other points of view. mainly looking just to flick the tow bar and e36 but i was interested in seeing what the mags were worth. suspension is really the key thing i want to change after painting the sills on the 540i

Do you have all 5 Throwing Stars?

CHeck the boot, if the spare looks like this, then they are genuine.

post-2-1145345095.jpg

No the boot is standard 540i mag, but the guy said they were added them to the car i dont think they were picked as a factory option. is there any other way to tell if they are genuine.

Meet up with me one day and I'll tell you in about 2 seconds.

Slip you hand behind the star (it is effectively a hubcap), if it feels like a skinny bit of metal, it could well be genuine.

is the tow bar concealed,and you plug in the actual tow ball part only when needed,through a removeable panel in the rear bumper.

i would be interested in the wheels . call me 021433600 or 09-2997389

cheers brent . have cash waiting for you

Guest Spargo

Throwing stars are fake, they all go the same way (ie: two spin the wrong way)

All throwing stars curve towards the front of the car, so im guessing they arnt fake. they all cut so to speak towards the front of the car, will take a picture tonight, and a picture of the tow bar.

The real clue to throwing stars is the fact that the actual star peice is a completely seperate peice to the actual wheel,and separate again from the centre peice

I look forward to the pics of the towbar