Sign in to follow this  
mad_r3v3nant

BMW 120 F20

Hey guys ! 

first of all sorry if this has been posted here before I hunt been active in 7 years !  And can’t quite remember where to find everything

My Mazda got written off and as such when searching for new cars I am always attracted back to bmws so have decicded to purchase a 2013 120i with 60000kms on the clock with an autosure extreme cover 

what I’m wanting to know is with anyone’s experience of common issues that they have had or parts/issues to keep an eye out I have already gonna ahead and picking car up tomorrow 

It will be a good car. Just make sure you keep up with regular oil service intervals (aim for 10,000kms and dont pass 15,000kms) and keep an eye on the rubber intake boot as it may split (cheap replacement part anyway).

Waterpump may fail anytime from now so keep that in mind and make sure coolant is always topped up and only use genuine BMW (blue) coolant with distilled water.

If you have autosure then you are pretty much covered for everything but better to keep up to date with maintenance and have the car running nicely than to have to repair things after it breaks and be left without a car for a long time.

36 minutes ago, qube said:

It will be a good car. Just make sure you keep up with regular oil service intervals (aim for 10,000kms and dont pass 15,000kms) and keep an eye on the rubber intake boot as it may split (cheap replacement part anyway).

Waterpump may fail anytime from now so keep that in mind and make sure coolant is always topped up and only use genuine BMW (blue) coolant with distilled water.

If you have autosure then you are pretty much covered for everything but better to keep up to date with maintenance and have the car running nicely than to have to repair things after it breaks and be left without a car for a long time.

Appreciate the reply !  Thank you for the info