Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

WTB - Facelift E30 shell

For all those that have blown up their engine, cracked the head or are looking at getting rid of their shell please give this a read.

I am looking at purchasing a shell to replace my current car that will be most likely written off due to a rear end accident last week.

My basic specifications are below, if yours does not comply please dont hestitate to post up anyway.

E30 Facelift Shell 88-91

2 Door or touring lol

No rust - maybe some exceptions.

No motor is fine

No gearbox is fine

Would prefer rolling on alloy wheels

Must be straight

No sunroof preferable but okay.

Good paint, no oxodised nor fading would be preferable.

Trying for as stock as possible, so please state what non stock modifications if any that it might have.

Modified suspension not a huge worry, as this will be getting replaced anyway.

Preferably from an E30 318i but will consider others.

note : if you know its a dawg of a car please dont mislead me into buying it, I've already lost my fair share of E30's.

feel free to put up any trademe or other auction / forsale sites. This car is going to be gutted for a race car so suggest you dont go for any over $2k at an absolute max.

Edited by E30stz

Have a look at the car I bought in "E30 race car" post that I started in the performance section. Very minor damage to front radiator support panel, and broken sump/engine mounts. MINT shell, very good paint, no sunroof,no rust, mint interior, alloys wheels,(4 new tyres, unused spare, jack, tools etc!) picked up from Turners Damaged Vehicle Auctions for $600! You will find a few dogs while you are looking, but be patient, one will turn up that suits. I found several others after buying mine that fit your criteria, and were cheap. All the usual places, trademe, Turners etc. Loads of them for sale, just be fussy, and you will find what you want!

i have a mint 1990 318i with a wack in the left doors and B-pillar . mint other wise .

will be selling parts off it .

you could fix up pretty easy still drives straight just weld in a new b pillar and replace doors

Yeah have to be road registered. Thanks for your pm, will text you next week Darren, cheers.

Andy

Edited by E30stz