Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

E36 318 TI M/Sport 2.8 Litre

Hi Guys :D I'm just a newbie in here. Just wanted to tell you about my new finished project. I've taken a mint, genuine E36 318 TI M/sport and transplanted a 328 I motor and 5 speed transmission (auto) into it. I've fitted Bilstein shocks and lowered springs all round, upgraded the brakes and its running on genuine Schnizter 8" rims with 225/45/17 Dunlops.....next projects gotta be the diff though. I think this project is probably the first done in NZ ??? I may be wrong though. It's in mufty (unbadged) and surprises sh*t outa some of the guys at the lights.. :unsure: ..sounds good too :blink: I've had the LV Cert done and I'm fitting the rear spoiler next week. I'll post the pictures after that's done.

Sounds like a cool wee car dude cant wait for pix, did you see the

other Ti on trademe fitted with a m3 engine, if i remember right

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like a nice ride you've built yourself, looking forward to pic's.

Sounds just a little bit awesome - love to see some pics.

I've seen this car, its very tidy, sounds very good too!!!!! you have done a good job on this little pocket rocket :mosh:

Good stuff man, sounds like a mean car!

Oh and welcome !

Thanks for all the nice comments guys :rolleyes: Oooops.... and Shorty too :D So this is where you hide out on Sunday nites ????

I'm fitting the rear spoiler today.... give the car a good clean and take some pictures... Should have them on here tomorrow :)

Yes "bmwsparkle" it would be nice in manual, but its still quite a busy car to drive in "auto" and I've got to stop spending... so far the project has cost me $9000. Alot of the cosmetic parts I have replaced new.

Finally got them done ....the pictures that is :D

post-9-1147279753.jpg

wow....damn thats one wicked bimmer.............

wheels look great, and the angel eyes are perfect..........

Nice conversion there, and it looks so "factory"- as it should! Diff is dead easy as you probably know, any medium case E30 diff will bolt in, so easy enough to get the required ratio and LSD if desired, although I bet it moves off the line like the proverbial s%@t off the shovel with the 318 auto ratio! :thumb:

Thanks for all the nice comments guys... :bowdown: It's been a great project...something I've been waitin ta do for years. And yes. the next projects gotta be the diff...394 slippery's gotta be the go I think ??...with 40% lock. And btw, no ones mentioned the coil brackets on the R/H strut tower. I left them there for a reason...will show laterz. This seems to be a great forum as well. If I can be of any assistance to anyone, just ask. We run a Baum D91 and the latest Bosch KTS scanner systems here. I also have 2006 TIS & ETK. The workshops open 5 days a week 7am till 5pm.

Kind regards

Glenn :rolleyes: