Sign in to follow this  
m_reaney

CD Stacker issues

Hi I have the standard BMW OEM stereo im my m3, with a sony stacker in the boot. At present the stacker will not eject the cd magazine. Does anyone know how I can manually get it out?

Edited by m_reaney

Does the stacker make any sound when the eject button is press ?.

If not check to make sure that the "DIN" lead which also provides the stacker power hasn't come out of the stacker.

Hi I have the standard BMW OEM stereo im my m3, with a sony stacker in the boot. At present the stacker will not eject the cd magazine. Does anyone know how I can manually get it out?

Lucky.. I never got one with mine :(

Does the stacker make any sound when the eject button is press ?.

If not check to make sure that the "DIN" lead which also provides the stacker power hasn't come out of the stacker.

Yeah it makes the normal eject sound, it just doesn't come out.

Prior to this eject issue, everynow and then I had to push the "reset" button on the head unit when I wanted to play a cd. On the odd occasion I had to reset it a few times for it to connect to the stacker.

Lucky.. I never got one with mine :(

I think I would of rather had a single CD in the head unit.

With that in mind, I have been thinking about replacing my head unit, although not for a flashy new one. Maybe a newer bmw one with a single cd. Anyone know where I could find one of these?

I replaced the factory supplied Sony Tape head unit with a later model Sony Head unit around 2001 which had a Sub out and high and low pass filters. The 1994 factory stacker ran fine with the 2001 head (Text / Disk naming still works fine).

You'll probably find that the lastest Sony 6 or 10 disk stacker will work with your orginal Tape head unit. The last one I purchased for the wifes car was around $300.

The tuner section on the Orginal BMW labeled Sony UX550 gives better reception than the later ones , but doesn't have RDS which is handy for the dual frequency radio stations around Wellington. If you listen to the radio a lot it's something to consider.

I have a spare sony CD stacker (Going into Wifes next car shortly) if you want to work out if your head will run a later CD stacker without issue. Pop me a PM if you wish.

Otherwise , keep an eye on trademe for an NZ Version BMW Business radio/cd. Although you'll need to be quick , as I think Alex might be after the same thing. ^_^

Try Jochen, he seems to know about these things.

Mine came with a tape player and no cd stacker :thumbsdown:, I dont know if any bmw business series cd players came out for the E36, and i dont think any of the e46 cd players will fit the E36, let alone look like its meant to be there..

I heard my name mentioned....

If anyone here wants a genuine BMW OEM stereo, ask me. I've helped heaps of people tthrow away their Jap units and fit proper NZ units.

It's my hobby, and lots of fun.

But everyone wants CD players and they do cost more.....

Now here's something very interesting:

Got a Jap BMW Nav unit? See my other post....

Jochen (the BMW Radio Guy)