Sign in to follow this  
Matty P

New member N55 F20

Hello all, about to get my hands on my own 2015 m135i. Soooo been looking forward to this, looking at doing a stage one tune at some point too. At this stage looking to upgrade  : charge pipe, intercooler, maybe coils and plugs, 3inch pipe through the cat. Any other info on what brands I should be buying etc , tips or "to do's" would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

Recently bought myself another one of these after owning one previously for 2 years then selling it. Great cars. My first one was stage 1 tuned with a charge pipe and boost pipe upgrade, m performance exhaust. Current one has VRSF downpipes and charge pipe but standard exhaust and no tune.

First 'mod' to do is definitely charge pipe. Then coils and plugs if you need it. Depending on kms, waterpump and thermostat might be due soon and intercooler would be a nice upgrade if planning to stage 1 or 2 tune it in the future.

Regarding brands, plenty of options out there. Invest in some good tyres to somewhat mitigate the lack of LSD since these cars can break traction quite easily with the low torque power. 

Most important thing to do on these cars is oil change, oil change and oil change. Never go past 10,000kms per interval and always use good quality fully synthetic 5w-30 or 5w-40 oil and a good filter.

Otherwise, brilliant cars and will surely put a smile on your face.

• Like 1

Km's are nice and low on this one, looking for some new mag as I'm not a fan of the factory ones so ill fit with some new rubber too.

Thanks for the heads up on the oil changes ill be keeping that in mind

Good luck finding wheels. Super hard to find anything decent that fits these cars. 

high offset required..