Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

LSD - E30

Your thoughts on an LSD  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK so this is a poll to see what everyone feels about LSD's. I am basically just doing a bit of market research before making the call whether to invest in a new project.

please post questions or comments, i'll do my best to reply.

Guest Spargo

I want to change my 3.73:1 for a 3.91:1. I also want 40% lockup and a totally rebuilt unit.

i wanna change my ridiculous 3.07 for a 3.46 or prolly 3.64, actually, prolly a 3.73

got a 3.46 sitting in the garage to rip apart at some stage

im not a e30. my bad.

I want to change my 3.73:1 for a 3.91:1. I also want 40% lockup and a totally rebuilt unit.

I would love to get rid of my single spinner have no fun in the wet standard shitter.

The best thing you can do is change the angle of the ramps. This will make the diff be either on or off. My friend had a BMW Motorsport Factory race LSD in his E36 Touring car. The only diffence between a standard LSD and his was the angle of the ramps. It made it a lot more predicable and put the power to the wheels alot more positively.

so who's the muppet?

Guest Andrew

agreed but i want 4.45:1

so who's the muppet?

sparkle, obviously

Read this guys http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=6465

Spargo: Tony can put more loading on your lsd and it locks up ten times better than standard he also can sort out rebuilding it if its needs to be.This is what I wanted to do but once he looked at it said it was fine and loaded it up more ,now its fine.

I have a 3.64 crown and pinion set here somewhere if you need it sparkle

For a road car, I wouldn't pay anything for a slipper [i'd leave the diff standard]

For a race car, I would Lock-it up [& alter the Roll-Couple & more front negative to reduce the understeer] So If I had a spare slipper I would sell it!

You are better off altering the ramp angle,than to preload it up [for road cars]

In slippery conditions, A high preloaded diff will understeer into a corner [dangerous for Crap Drivers] altering ramp angle increases the fun-factor off the corners

Guest Spargo

Read this guys http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=6465

Spargo: Tony can put more loading on your lsd and it locks up ten times better than standard he also can sort out rebuilding it if its needs to be.This is what I wanted to do but once he looked at it said it was fine and loaded it up more ,now its fine.

Cheers Mang, thats decent price too.

Its about 40 a seal last time I was quoted?

hey what is the ramp angle? for dumass's like me?

sounds like a idea i mite look into for my E30

I'm after one aswell (something along 3.40 ratio would be the shiz i reckon).

I'm thinking about importing a bunch of them from europe... obviously to keep the costs down I would have to import like 10 of them on a pallete and send by the ship (read 3 to 4 months in transit).

hard to say how much would they be once here, but me thinks around NZ$600-NZ$800

BUT i could ship few m21 TD crankshafts withit... and possibly some other rare parts....