Sign in to follow this  
topgear

Top Gear Track Day - Saturday 20th May 2006

Guest Andrew

Okay, so thanks for that Stig link...did you read that he's ploughed a $1.3M Koernigserg through a tyre wall?

Get with the times Carl -

The real Top Gear fans have seen that - get up to date with the latest episodes foo - www.finalgear.com

It didn't damage it much.

[i'll be there - is peter able to make it.

I'm in a mad rush to get some brakes on my car. Do you have access to Brett's car?

Peter will be there, thats why we are going, so we can have a rematch now he has got his dog leg box fitted.

I dont know where Bretts car is, it is fixed & we are doing targa this year, but i cant get hold of him at the moment.

Do you want to look at the brakes?

Hi,

I've just come back here to see if any of you are interested in coming along to next Saturday.

Seems some of you are a little unsure of the day, so i'll try and clarify a few things.

Yes the day IS the Top Gear Track Day.

Yes, it is run partly by Top Gear NZ Magazine.

Yes, i'll be there.

Yes, there will be lots of other things happening during the day too.

Yes, the offer still stands if you can get a group together for the day - would be brilliant to see some BMW's in the mix for the day.

The Stig.

But topgear hates BMW's.

I say we make an event on the same day for less cost somewhere else.

Do it.

OK Topgear !

So the track day is run by Topgear magazine [a profit making body that is Freeloading advertising on this forum]

And You will be there [so what!]

What about the Stig? will he be there too?

HEY GUYS! Watch the TV programme [it's good],Go to the track day if you want to! Try and keep your money in your pockets!

$300.00 + GST so they can make a TV programme [but you get lunch]

The Ford musclecar club, The Capri car club, The Nissan 300Z club, & The Taupo Car Club, are all having dual sprint type events at Taupo in May/June. ALL UNDER $100.00

You can get a damm good lunch from the leftover money.

This is just Taupo,Check out some of the Auckland Car Clubs these meetings are everywhere [all the time]

These small clubs are the BACKBONE of motorsport in NZ, they need OUR support [in return they usually make us very welcome]

settle ...

I think we all get the point, track day is way over priced blah blah

personally I welcome outside enterties making the effort to come on the site and 'offer' events. no point ripping their head off everytime they post.

settle ...

I think we all get the point, track day is way over priced blah blah

personally I welcome outside enterties making the effort to come on the site and 'offer' events. no point ripping their head off everytime they post.

Most sensible post in this thread so far.

But it seems quite symptomatic of this forum for people to just slate each other with others joining in for the ride safely knowing that someone else has led the way.

I too welcome people joining up and letting us know what they are trying to do. Some may interest me, most wont I can imagine, but without fresh blood joining up with new ideas this place will just go stale.

Yes its overpriced, but you know what....dont go.

Go to one of the alternative events that have been suggested already.

Nobody else here is pretending to be the Stig. Why doesn't he be more honest,It adds credibility and maybe more people will be interested in the track-day [unfortunately there are too many rip-offs throughout the car scene in NZ]