Sign in to follow this  
WarNox

CAI

Have any of u got a K&N put into your e36? if yea, where did u extend it to and could u plz post some pics, thnx! oh and where did u buy the pipe from?

Have any of you put a K&N put into your e36? If yes, where did you extend it to and could you please post some pics, thanks! Oh, and where did you buy the pipe from?

Edited by Carl

i thought by just replacing the stock flat panel u get no performance increase, but with a cone u get about 5hp or so, nd it sounds cool!?

Hey, i have an E36. And i put a pod filter on it and i did not like the sound at all. It had a nice deep rumble but then at about 3000 rpm it had a very noisy ratle. So i have gone with a k&n panel filter. I am much happier. Also with a pod filter you suck in a lot of hot air. Where as if you go with a panel you use the standard intake which gets cold air ducted to it from the front grille.

I don't know abt E36, but for my E46, i have tried Gruppe M and the K&N panel type. I can feel some improvement with the K&N at high end, with Gruppe M rpm goes up much quicker than using the K&N panel and the sound is fantastic.

Both give improvement to the standard filter. For K&N i think the 57i kit is better.

On the E36, take the restrictor out of the air horn too and just use the flat panel K&N

Cheers

Glenn